How to distinguish licensed software from a fake?
This is something that every single player should know in order to avoid scam casinos.
How to distinguish between a good casino and a fake one? Don’t look for a license information on the site, they can write whatever they want!
1) Search for visual clues. Take a closer look at the quality of the games and design. Scripted casinos always look the same and it is highly recommended to avoid playing at such casinos due to low payback rates.
Lately, the quality of counterfeit games has been improving dramatically and there are fakes of many great games by famous software providers like Igrosoft (notorious in the CIS region games like Crazy Monkey, Resident, Fruit Cocktail, Lucky Hunter, etc.). These games have never been distributed online. The only exclusion is the Fruit Cocktail game at Quasar Gaming.
Note that scam casinos have very similar design and all look alike.
2) If you are in doubts whether the casino you are playing it is real, just check the source code of the game and make sure that the game is downloaded from a reliable server.
Here is the list of true servers:
- Novomatic — greentube.com
- NetEnt — casinomodule.com
- Nyx — nyxmalta.com
- Microgaming — gameassists.co.uk.